The word spreads out so fast and this paints a wrong image about the insurance company. An important factor to consider by people is that there is a regulation for insurance in different countries around the globe. However, most people ignore the terms and conditions of various insurance policies. It is essential to ensure that you have properly gone through this regulation prior to signing any agreement.
How to Prevent the Rejection of a Car Insurance Claim
This write-up gives a brief summary of the essential tips to bear in mind to prevent the rejection of your car insurance claim. These tips are elucidated below;
1. The sincerity and transparency of clients play a vital role in the acceptance of a claim. Most clients are discreet about many details, many claims are rejected due to non-disclosure of vital information. Most of the time, the non-disclosure of the required information is often an oversight on the part of the client. Little but important information that must be disclosed to the insurance company may include notification about a previous case of fender bender, or something as minor as details about a car’s headlight. Furthermore, clients are advised to desist from providing false documentation or fraudulent proofs to push an insurance claim. Such dishonest acts often leads to negative turn of events for the insured.
2. It is important to note the function of the various tracking devices installed in vehicles. Most insurance companies lay emphasis on the installation of telematics devices. Such devices enable them to keep tabs on the behaviour of the driver. However, the behaviour of drivers that have not installed this device might be monitored by a CCTV or traffic camera. Hence, accidents triggered by the reckless behaviour of a driver can be detected using either telematics devices or traffic/ CCTV cameras. Ensure you only lend out your car to only licensed drivers. Clients are admonished to drive safely and adhere strictly to traffic regulations. Avoid driving under the influence of alcohol.
3. Clients must ensure they have a detailed understanding of the insurance contract they signed, every dot and comma in the contract must be well understood. In fact, it is advised you don’t sign any insurance contract except you have taken your time to go through it thoroughly. The thorough perusal of the insurance contract will enlighten you about what it covers, the payment you are required to make when you want to process a claim, amongst others.
4. You must ensure the driving condition of your car is in good shape at all times. Regardless of how hectic your schedule is, make sure you make time out to visit an automobile expert. Regular servicing of the vehicle ensures that its different parts such as wipers, tyres, car batteries, and the car engine are in check. After making the necessary checks, ensure that the necessary repairs as advised by your automobile expert.Your insurance claim might be rejected if investigations reveal that a particular part of your car was not in a good condition.
5. Make sure you observe that the security requirement indicated in the insurance contract is strictly adhered to. A claim will be rejected if the investigation by the insurance company reveals that you didn’t adhere to the security requirement. For instance if your contract states that a car alarm has been installed in the vehicle, it is your duty to ensure that you put on the alarm whenever your car is parked anywhere.